Innovative Ethical Leadership for the 21st Century

Friday, December 12, 2014

Exploring Web 2.0 Tools

As I explored the module on More Cool Web 2.0 Tools as part of the elective portion of the IEASC certification, I found myself having fun going through different tools that I’ve played with at one point or another and appreciating how much I’ve learned about incorporating 21st Century Tools into classroom instruction.
There were two items that stood out to be in my exploration. The first one was the wiki of the many social networking sites that are available. Wow - I didn’t know. I focus primarily on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Diigo for my personal use. However, this wikipedia site Social Networking Sites introduced me to a variety of sites I was not familiar with.
The second item that stood out was the treasure trove of videos on how to use Web 2.0 tools to support instruction that can be on found on Edutopia. Video modeling is an evidence based practice that I’ve used frequently in classroom instruction, to guide professional development and for my personal learning. This resource was loaded with great material.

I continue to social media to connect with other professionals and keep a record of my favorite educational sites and resources. I appreciate the use Twitter and Today’s Meet offer as backchanneling options to support instruction. I’ll be sharing the Edutopia resource with my staff. It’s a wonderful option for exploring Web 2.0 tools and how to incorporate them into lesson planning and learning.

No comments: