Innovative Ethical Leadership for the 21st Century

Monday, December 1, 2014

An Exploration of Social Book Marking






I found it interesting to spend time looking through some of the different social bookmarking options. I had already established Delicious and Diigo accounts which I came to learn have been populating various blog twitter posts for quite some time. Unfortunately, I didn’t realize this was happening and there are no folders or tags in either forum to organize the thousands, yes thousands, of articles, blog posts and resources that are in each account. I started to become a little overwhelmed as I looked at the many posts and was happy to move on to Educlipper.
I appreciated the knowledge I gained about how to use these tools both to collect and organize my personal resources as well as the ideas that were given to support students using these tools for research and the sharing of resources.

Given my current role as a site administrator, I’m finding that that NETS standard that applies to most of knowledge and it’s incorporation into my professional life is Standard 3 - Model Digital Age Work and Learning. The use of social bookmarking forms allows me to “exhibit knowledge, skills, and work processes representative of an innovative professional in a global and digital society” in addition to demonstrating “fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations.”

No comments: